Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"Hammer"



All true beauty was not
Born beautiful at all
All wrapped in foil, and called names
That were not theirs to call

I was born missing, plastered
on a milk carton
You say,
I was born lost in silk sheets
But I was not born,
riding on a wave
That did not know my name

Call me,

distanced in waters that drip from my mind
My own ravine
That echoes all my barriers, and punches
through windows of waterfalls
through windows of crying trees
I could not bear the bear that crawled around me

Though locked in keyless confusion
I know you can hear me
You're going to say,
You're going to say
'You wanted to hammer all this, but I
knocked some sense into you'
I wanted to hammer all this
but

then I believed you






"Of all man's works of art, a cathedral is greatest. A vast and majestic tree is greater than that."
- Henry Ward Beecher

No comments:

Post a Comment